Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 132 - Easton, Maryland


Bartlett Pear Inn
Mabel's Bakery
I'm on a road trip!  My friend Norma and I headed for the Eastern Shore of Maryland, knowing that the weather today was supposed to be quite mild.

We made our first stop in Easton at the Amish Market.  That is the place I would shop if I wanted good meats and fresh produce.  Great stuff!

Then we walked in downtown Easton, which is the county seat of Talbot, finding first a farmer's market, where we worked on macro shots of water droplets on cabbages.  Norma recently bought the same camera I have, so I was giving her some tips on using it.

We walked along the streets, finding quaint shops and historic buildings, then headed for the courthouse area to find lunch.  We ate at the Washington Street Pub -- I highly recommend the shrimp corn chowder.  In the lobby of the pub was a chandelier and mirrors, so I worked long at getting a good repeating shot without having myself in the photo.

Heron Mosaic
Mossy roofed doorway
Cabbage Leaves
After lunch we walked back to the farmer's market, then drove to Cambridge to tour the Blackwater Refuge.  The area was extremely foggy, despite the sun blazing overhead.  It just could not burn off the mist.  It made for perfect light!  I've shared one of those photos here, since technically it was not part of my walk.
Multiple Mirrors
County Courthouse

Tomorrow we'll be in Chestertown for a morning walk, when the temps promise to be in the 60's.  I love a good road trip!










Blackwater Bikers


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment