Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 193 - Along Rt. 144

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Am I hidden well enough?
Flowers on stone wall
Wow!  A record number of hits on my blog page from yesterday.  146 and counting!  The tweets and retweets and sharing (and of course, my enticing lead-in line to make you want to read it) have pushed it over the top to the most viewed blog page yet.  Alas, it will make up for today's post, which is nothing great, believe me.

It's mostly nothing great because I procrastinated.  Then I went out to a site to walk and realized I had no memory card.  I had to come home and get one, and since I was running out of time, and still am, I decided to park at the Food Lion on Rt. 144 and hope to find the sheep.  I found the sheep, but they wanted nothing to do with coming closer to the fence, despite my promise that the grass was much better closer to the fence.  The shot I posted is cropped waaaay in.

Don't bother me - I'm eating.
Pretty cool crab, huh?
The horses farther on down the road knew that the grass was better by the fence, but they could not care less about me.  So I crossed the road and took a pretty cool picture of the big, reflective crab on the side of the seafood business.

It was cold, and very windy, and although it was beautiful, not all of my walks will be winners.  And I will have to look long and hard to top yesterday's post.  Day 200 is fast approaching.  And good suggestions about where I should go?



 ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:



  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment