Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 202 - Araby Church Road

 (Click any photo to enlarge.)

Vermont Memorial
Vermont Memorial
On my way to Urbana to teach the photography courses for kids this morning, I parked at the Araby United Methodist Church on Araby Church Road to do my walk.  I've been on this road a number of times on my way to Worthington and Thomas Farms, both of which are part of the Monocacy Battlefield, but I had never stopped at the church to take a look at the Civil War monuments that are along the road.

I walked from the church down to the drive leading to Thomas Farm, and along past the cows grazing in the field.  I was surprised at how much traffic was on Araby Church Road on a Saturday morning, with the majority of the cars going north.

Morning Graze
Thomas Farm Barn
The weather was nice, and spring is in the air, despite the forecast for snow on Monday.  It was a short walk, but it will be a long day, so perhaps it will all balance out.











 ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment