Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 201 - Urbana Market District

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Cedar Waxwing
Not Wall Street
I'm doing a couple of photography workshops for kids tomorrow at the Urbana branch of the Frederick County Public Library, so I went there to check out the space I am using and to prepare for the classes.  Frederick County has such great libraries, and I look forward to working with the kids tomorrow.

A love of reading
While I was there, a big flock of cedar waxwings settled down in the trees in front of the library.  They were still there when I got done, so I decided to grab my camera and do my walk right there in the Urbana Market District.

It was very cold and windy today, so I bundled up and walked the perimeter of the district, discovering places I had not seen before when driving by, like a bridal shop and a post office branch and a hair salon. 

Birds of a feather...you know...
When I returned to the car, the birds were still there, occasionally regrouping to a different tree.  I took a bunch of shots of the little birds as they were swaying in the wind.  They would allow me to get quite close to the tree they were in before they'd hop to the next one.

I even got out my brand new "big" Nikon, to test out its 51 point auto focus system, but with the wind and the swaying branches, either I was confused on how to use it, or it was confused by the moving focal points.  I have some definite learning to do on that camera.


 ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

1 comment:

  1. Cam, it is wonderful how much you have explored to date. WAY TO GO!!!

    ReplyDelete