Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 204 - A Quiet, Wet Walk in the Snow

(Click any photo to enlarge.)
As a teacher and a photographer, I have double the reasons to love a snow day.  Although it no longer matters to me if school is closed for the day, now that I am retired, I still watch the television for closings and know that all those teachers who have the day off are happy to spend an unexpected day at home playing with the kids or reading a book or maybe even just catching up on sleep.

The photographer side of me knows that even if I can't drive somewhere to take photos, I can get some great shots just by stepping outside my door.  As it turns out, the roads were fine for driving on at 9:00 this morning, but there was no need to when I had my whole neighborhood covered in white.

Enjoy my photos from today.  I enjoyed taking them.













 ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment