Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 206 - Westview Shopping Center

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Grandmother duties had to take top priority today.  My 22 month old granddaughter, Carly, had a fever yesterday and was sent home from daycare, so I was tapped for keeping her at home today.  I am happy to report that she is feeling better and eating and drinking well, so I think she will be able to return tomorrow.  However, by default, she became my walking partner.

The first problem was that I did not have a stroller.  It was in her mother's car, and I forgot to ask for it early this morning.  So we drove to the Westview Shopping Center where my daughter is the director of a physical therapy clinic, and got the stroller.  The wind was picking up, and the temperature was about 45, so I bundled Carly in her polkadot jacket and put up the hood.

We made the entire circuit of the shopping center, with the goal of finding Easter/Spring related things.  We were on the hunt for bunnies, eggs, and flowers.  Unfortunately, we did not find much, at least not in the windows of the businesses we passed.

We ended our walk 30 minutes later at Tutti Frutti, sampling their different flavors of yogurt.  My favorite picture from today is the cool lighting pendants they have in the store.

Carly is napping now, giving me some time to get this done.  I enjoyed the day with Carly, but I promise a better walk and better photos tomorrow.




 ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment