Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 208 - Green Meadows Petting Farm

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

He won't get near a dog, but he will
feed a goat. Go figure.
On the hunt!
I had the grandchildren again today, so I asked for the double stroller.  Around 10:45 this morning I put the kids in sweatshirts and with Easter baskets in hand, we headed for the Green Meadows Petting Farm in Monrovia, MD.  I had seen signs at the farm that there would be daily egg hunts, so off we went.

We arrived at the farm, and I put the kids into the stroller.  First, we did the walk.  I pushed that stroller, with two children, around the perimeter of the farm, to check out everything they offered.  We saw the play area where the egg hunts would be, the tractors ready for a hayride, the tent where kids were lined up for face painting, the barns with cows and rabbits and calves and turtles, and the outdoor enclosures with goats, turkeys, llamas, sheep, a bison, cows, and emu.  In some of the enclosures, the animals were happily mixed together, although the bison let the others know who was in charge.

The bunny kept running away!
Look at those ears!
After our walk around the farm, we lined up for the egg hunt.  I went with Carly in the 1-3 age bracket, and Caden joined the 4-6 group.  The kids fared well.  Each was allowed to find 10 eggs, and there were plenty.

After the hunt, we fed the goats, petted the turkeys and chickens and rabbits, and visited the Easter Bunny.  I opted out of the hayrides, much to my grandson's disappointment, but I told him that the sooner we got home, the sooner he could eat his lunch and then his candy loot.  Worked like a charm.

Happy Easter!
Shall we pet the turkeys?
The photos from today were difficult to get.  The kids were either looking down or looking away at the animals, and for the most part were totally uninterested in having their pictures taken.  However, the first thing they wanted to do when we got home was see the photos.

Obviously, a good time was had by all.

























 ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment