Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 64 - Jordan Preserves

This morning in my Twitter feeds was a challenge from Nikon to pick one color and photograph nothing but that color today.  The example photo they had was red raspberries.

So, because I had spent the morning prepping Valentines for Operation Write Home, and because I am trying to help the Red Cross, I put on my red turtleneck and my red hat and went out into a neighborhood nearby to find and photograph red.

Of course, there were the obvious red stop signs and red tail lights on cars, but I did find a lot of other reds, as well.  There was even a red wrapped candy lying on the sidewalk, probably fallen out of someone's Halloween bag.

Once I got home and decided to make a collage out of my red photos, I learned that I really need to work on my selection skills and my compositing skills.  But I had fun and I will do it again.



Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.



Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment