Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 78 - Holly Hills

Holly Hills Country Club
I've got to admit, I was tempted to skip this walk today.  Deadlines are bearing down on me, and time is short, and before I started this effort, I would defnitely have nixed a walk.  However, it is the accountability thing that totally keeps me going when the going gets tough.  The walk itself is never tough -- it is the sometimes time-consuming projects I get myself involved in that put me in a time crunch.

I've been feeling like I'm in
a sand trap and can't get out!
My big project -- for those of you who have been curious -- is wrapping up the "Travel the Gravel" photo contest that I coordinated for the Friends of the Rural Roads Program of Frederick County.  Tomorrow evening is the reception.  I still have to create a slide show, write my talking points, deliver all the photo displays, go to the grocery story, and do tomorrow's walk, all before 5:30 tomorrow evening.  Thank goodness my friend Norma came over to help me finish the display boards of 167 photos and load up the car.  Next year, I am going to have a committee to help with these projects.  It has been a lot for one person to take care of.  In addition to the contest, this morning I also prepped out 15 valentines for the Operation Write Home group that will be here in an hour to make the cards.There -- now, back to the topic of my daily photo walk.
I'm not wearing
bell bottoms.
I drove across the highway to a nearby community of homes that surround the Holly Hills Country Club.  A large portion of the development parallels Interstate 70, and its associated road noise is one of the trade-offs the residents accepted in exchange for having their backyards look out onto rolling hills, ponds, and sand traps.

The backyard views are great!
I parked at the clubhouse and walked down the hill and then along the golf cart lanes that double as sidewalks and walking paths in front of the homes.  No one was on the golf course today, and mine was the only car in the clubhouse lot.

At the end of the walk, I hurried home to meet Norma so we could finish up the displays.  I'm glad I took the walk -- I needed to settle myself and clear my mind.  It worked.


Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter:  @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment