Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 83 - Greenbrier State Park

Beach at Greenbrier
Today I drove to Myersville, MD, to check out an annual event called "Christmas on the Hill."  A family hosts a bunch of crafters and artisans in their home in the country, and on this cold and blustery day, I decided to check it out.

The post and beam timber home is beautiful, inside and out, but once I got inside, I could barely move for all the people, much less look at any of the crafts.  I bowed out and headed to Myersville.

On the way into Myersville, I noticed signs for Greenbrier State Park, so that's where I ended up today.  I will do my walk in Myersville one day soon.

Greenbrier was a pleasant surprise.  It has a large lake and a wide, beautiful sandy beach.  There are lifeguard chairs posted along the beach for the swimming season.  There were about 75 picnic tables and grills spread out along a wooded hillside, with restroom facilities and changing rooms nearby.  I can imagine that in the summer time, on a warm weekend, this place is hopping with families.

There are also camping areas and hiking trails, but I kept close to the beach area for my walk, because there was a very prominent sign that read "Deer firearm season 11/24 - 12/3; wear bright clothing" posted at the entrance to the park.  I thought it prudent not to go tramping through the woods.

I decided on my quite chilly walk that I need to buy some long underwear to help keep my legs warm.  With my hat and gloves and plenty of layers, I was warm enough everywhere but on my legs.  And, along with lip balm and tissues tucked into my pack, I should be good to go for cold weather.

Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter:  @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment