Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 73 - Outstanding in my field

Reach for the Sky
A portion of the field
Today I felt like sticking close to home.  The car needs an oil change, my house needs cleaning, and I think I've traveled the roads enough in the last couple of days.  So I walked out the back door to the large field that is on the edge of my neighborhood.

This particular field has been cared for.  It had matted down grasses and dead leaves, but not much else.  I knew that some neighbors will let their dogs run free in this field, so I was on the lookout for dog droppings, and I'm happy to report that I did not step into anything undesirable.

Groundhog Hole -- Not Phil's
Curious Onlooker
One other thing that you need to be on the lookout for when walking in large open fields is groundhog holes. They are large enough to put your foot into and really turn an ankle.  I also managed to avoid one of those obstacles.

Near the perimeter of the field I walked through a wooded area where I found a small stream fed by more than just runoff, and I also awakened a deer.  Along another section of the field a curious horse came to see who was on the other side of the fence.
I could jump this stream!
 
After tramping around this field, I took a long walk back home via sidewalks near a playground.  I had flush cheeks and had removed my gloves and my scarf and opened my jacket by the end of the walk.  Those are good signs that the walk was invigorating, if not exciting.




Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment