Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 66 - Industry Lane

Tower
Hedgeapple on a
picnic table
It's not been a great day for me.  I locked myself out of the house and I left my Kindle in a restaurant, never to be seen by me again.  Fortunately, I was able to solve both problems -- a neighbor had a key and I bought a new Kindle -- but I was not in the mood to reward myself for bad behavior with a walk in a beautiful or scenic or historic or quaint location, so I challenged myself to find interesting things to photograph in a very commercial section of town.

Industry Lane is where my framer is located.  I picked up some mats there, then walked from one end of the road to the other. It is in an area where warehouse type buildings are mixed with two story office complexes.  This is the area of town, I discovered, where auto body shops, exterminators, oxygen suppliers, tire companies, and storage facilities are.  There were lots of empty spaces for lease, as well.
Hidden Nest

How often do you find pine
cones in a maple tree?
It was gray and cold, but my walk did me good, and I even found a few interesting things to photograph.  People ask me how I can find so many things to take pictures of, and I tell them that you just have to look.  Look up, down, ahead, behind, under, and on top.  I often kid them by saying that I could find things to take pictures of in an empty parking lot.  One of these days, I will have to test that theory.

Radio Station












 Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment