Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 81 - Thanksgiving Day on old Rt. 144

Bittersweet on blue sky
What a beautiful Thanksgiving Day!  Of course, I have so much to be thankful for, and not enough time to list it all here, but I am so thankful that I have good health that allows me to take these wonderful daily photo walks.  They are making such a difference in my life, and I hope you are enjoying them, too.  Today's post should take the statistics to over 4000 page views in 81 days.  That's an average of 50 page views per day.  Thank you so much for following me on my walks!
I call it lamb's ear, growing in
a crack along the old road.

After a morning photo shoot with my grandchildren (sorry -- strict orders not to release anything yet), I drove to another section of old Rt. 144 that parallels the modern day road, leading to the old Monocacy River bridge.  The sky was (still is) azure blue, and the bittersweet hanging from trees just made a beautiful contrast with the orange against the sky.

I collected some of the dried vegetation I found and made a Thanksgiving arrangement.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.



Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter:  @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so







No comments:

Post a Comment