Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 75 - Schifferstadt Architectural Museum

Schifferstadt Museum
Day 75 is in the books!  Some would call this a major accomplishment, but when you think that there are still 290 days to go in my challenge of photo walking everyday for a year, I still have a long way to go.  But nevertheless, I am proud of myself, and to tell you the truth, it has been relatively easy.  I have not encountered any insurmountable obstacles, my health has been great, and I live in a beautiful state with lots of great places to inspire me.

Today I chose to walk at the Schifferstadt Architectural Museum on Rosemont Avenue in Frederick.  Schifferstadt, Germany, is Frederick's sister city.
Window Still Life

Feeding the ducks
I love to find these on the
sidewalk.  I crunch every one
I find, and there have
been plenty of leaves this fall!
The museum was not open today.  Apparently they give tours on the weekends.  I want to go back when it is open to photograph the inside.  They will be selling art there this weekend, so there will be quite a few people there, I am sure.


I walked the paths that ran behind the museum, and soon I found myself at Baker Park downtown.  I had no idea that was connected.

Knowing that there was a fabulous ginko tree farther along Rosemont Avenue, I also went to find it.  What a display of autumn splendor!
Gingko and Maple compete for splendor award!

I love taking these photo walks and learning more and more about the great area where I live.




Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter:  @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment