Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 79 - Lemon Raspberry Marmalade, Anyone?

Since 1938
I delivered the display boards I finished yesterday to the Frederick Visitor Center for tonight's reception, then took off across the road to follow East South Street.  This old industrial section of town is near the railroad tracks, and along my walk I passed a Southern States, a tire company, some old warehouses, a concrete plant, and some smaller businesses.
Grain silos behind Southern States

It was a cloudy afternoon, and the overhead poles and wires and grain silos caught my eye, sihouetted black against a gray sky.

Near the end of South Street, I found a ballpark and along Franklin Street, an old stone church, St. Timothy's Episcopal. It must be from the late 1800's, although I could not find a cornerstone, because across the street is a small brick building with a 1900 cornerstone that reads, "St. Timothy's Church School."
St. Timothy's Episcopal
Symmetry in the sky
On my way back to the car, I took a little detour onto Wisner Street and visited the McCutcheon's Factory Outlet, which smelled of apple cider inside.  If you have been to "country stores" and gift shops in the Mid-Atlantic region, you have probably seen jars of McCutcheon's famous apple butter, pumpkin butter, and jams and jellies.

Frederick is the home of the original McCutcheon's Apple Products.  They were doing a swift business in there, as people were scarfing up corn relishes, apple butter, marinades, fresh apples, and jugs of apple cider, in preparation for Thanksgiving.  I bought some lemon raspberry marmalade, which I put onto buttered toast for my afternoon snack.  Yum!

A golden carpet of ginko leaves










Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter:  @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment