Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 70 - Downtown Frederick


On this Veteran's Day, I had a meeting at noon in downtown Frederick, and since the weather was beautiful and mild, I decided to walk all over on this Sunday morning.  My 90 minute walk took me by a lot of shops, row houses, historic buildings and homes, and public parks.

One park, Memorial Park, was set up with chairs and a podium for the Veteran's Day celebration that was happening later in the afternoon.  Memorial Park in Frederick is the only park in Maryland to have a monument for every war that our country has fought.

Thank you to all veterans who have served and to those who are serving today.  You are the true heroes of our country.

Enjoy my photos today.  The captions tell their stories.

If this were only true today...

Colorful Frederick
For you, my daughter Lauren.  Thank you for your service.
Even Frederick's famous iron dogs
have strong opinions.

Upon reflection, is this all reflections?
Another of the mile markers!
This one has a spike on top
to keep people from sitting on it.























Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment