Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 29 - Linganore Winery


Another winery was on my agenda for today, so I headed out to Linganore Wines.  Set among rolling hills, this gorgeous property offers nicely mowed hills, gravel roads, and acres of vines for your walking enjoyment.

There is a tasting room in a red barnlike building, with a patio out front.  Today there was a small group on the patio with their wines, cheeses, and fruits, having a team building meeting.  They were discussing the role of supervision in the workplace.  I think that was a great place for a business meeting!

I walked up a huge hill to get a nice view of the land, and I took off my sunglasses to practice a video.


It is so much easier to see the screen icons without dark glasses.  It turned out OK, but I am not a videographer by any means.  You can clearly hear my breathing as I pan the scenery, and I panned it too fast.  I'll keep practicing, and when I get it right, I will post my first video clip.

The big vistas at Linganore seem to go for miles.  At the rear of the tasting room, there is an area where weddings are often held, with the reception following at the winery.





The sky had gotten very flat/gray/white by the time I ended my walk.  Tomorrow's forecast calls for rain.



Check out Linganore Wines sometime.  It is part of the Frederick Wine Trail.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:

  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment