Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 40 - Watkins Park, Mt. Airy

It was a beautiful, cool, breezy day today, so I decided to drive some of our rural roads to check on sites for the photo contest I coordinating for the Rural Roads Program of Frederick County.  I love exploring the back roads, and even if I don't have my GPS, they always connect to somewhere that I recognize, so I have no fear of getting lost.

Unfortunately, the gravel roads are so narrow that it is not really a good idea to take my walks along them, and it is hard to find a place to park.

Anyway, I ended up in Mt. Airy again today, and I found Watkins Park, so that's where I took my walk.  It has a playground, ball fields, a skateboarding area, and walking paths.  The park borders a school, and at 3:00 I heard the principal on the loudspeakers doing the afternoon announcements, which really brought back memories, because that was one of my jobs at school.

I took a few detail shots and decided to turn them all into black and white.  There is a freeze warning for tonight, so the honeysuckle may be gone tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning I will be bundled up for the Scott Kelby World Wide Photo Walk.  There will be 1300 walks conducted around the world.  I am participating in a small one in Sharpsburg, where Antietam Battlefield is located.  I look forward to meeting new people and other photo walkers.






Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment