Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 55 - A Disjointed Walk Today

Today's walk was quite a disappointment.  The weather was fine, although overcast, and the fall color is still on the trees, so I decided to walk at another winery, Sugarloaf.

First of all, the place was very crowded.  It was, after all, a Saturday afternoon, and the weather invited people outside to enjoy the fall countryside before we are deluged by rain (or maybe even snow??) from Sandy.  I parked the car, walked around the parking area to a higher vantage point, and took a shot of the grounds.  I entered the winery's tasting area to enquire if I could walk the grounds, and I was told that I had to stay within the tasting area.  I was quite disappointed, so I left to go to Sugarloaf Mountain.

Again, there was no place to park -- families were everywhere.  I will visit this place on a Monday morning in the future.

I decided next to find one of Frederick County's gravel roads, since there are only a few days left to take photos for the "Travel the Gravel" photo contest I am coordinating.  I found Peters Road, a very scenic road that follows a creek, but the difficulty with these narrow gravel roads is finding a place to park.  I did find a shoulder area where I could pull off, but once I set off on foot and got out of view of the car, I began to question whether walking by myself near dark on a gravel road is a good idea.  I can easily hear other cars approaching on gravel, but walking alone on isolated roads is sometimes risky.  So, I thought better of it and headed back to the car.


Even though my walking today was unsatisfactory, just driving around in the beautiful countryside, appreciating nature, is peaceful and satisfying on its own.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment