Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 50 - Jumbo's Farm


It seems appropriate that on Day 50 I learned an important lesson.  Actually, I'm surprised I didn't learn it before now:  always check whether or not the camera battery needs charging before leaving for my walk.  I've gotten so used to going almost two weeks without charging it, and today I got caught.  I did manage to get some decent pix before I lost power, but there were some special detail shots I was planning to get at the end of the walk, so those were lost opportunities.

Today I went to Jumbo's Farm.  It is a working farm with cornfields, horses, and pumpkins.  The weekends are extremely busy there this time of the year, but on a Monday afternoon, there were only a few couples with small children, enjoying a nice long walk to the pumpkin patch.  I walked all around the farm and decided not to try out the corn maze, which was quite sizable.

Jumbo's farm offers a lot of activities for kids, such as hayrides, a corn maze, play areas, a petting zoo, and more.  It's nice that they have first aid stations positioned around the farm, too.

There are so many places I could go in this gorgeous fall weather that it is hard to choose.  However, I needed to get caught up from my busy weekend, so today's farm walk was just right.





Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment