Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 57 - My walk in the rain

A little leaf art
My 20 minute walk in the rain was a piece of cake compared to what my friends are enduring in Berlin and Ocean City, Maryland.  I see the devastation that they are posting on Facebook -- the pier, the boardwalk, cars underwater, relatives needing to be rescued by Coast Guard from their homes in Crisfield.  Awful.  My prayers are going out for everyone's safety.

Because it is merely rainy and windy here, I thought I would just take a walk around the neighborhood to see how the new drainage ponds and inlets were faring.  Everything looked good, but then again, it is still a little early.  My neighborhood is new, so it does not have big trees to come down in the wind, and the most likely damage we would sustain is from someone's yard furniture or patio umbrella becoming airborne.  We could lose electricity, which seems to be everyone's main worry here.  Sump pumps are working overtime, and all of the neighbors say they are prepared with nonperishable foods and plenty of reading material and flashlights. 


The cows must be in the barn.
I stayed dry on today's walk, thanks to my Omni-tech rain pants and rain coat from Columbia.  I wore my rain boots and tucked my camera into my coat.  As I was walking, I thought about who else is most likely to be out walking in the rain, and other than dog owners, certainly the urban postal workers who deliver the mail on foot are out in it.  And, I just saw on Google Plus a photo of the soldiers who are guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  God bless them.

Stay safe, everyone. 

Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment