Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 33 - Coldstream

My legs are feeling the walk I took today.  It was 10 minutes of downhill and 20 minutes back up.  For 40 years I lived on the flat terrain of the Eastern Shore, but here in New Market, I have hills upon hills to choose from for my walk, so today that's what I did.

My daughter lives in a huge development known as Lake Linganore, and for the next few days and nights, I am babysitting the grandchildren, ages 4 and 16 months.  Last night the only one who got any sleep was the 4 year old.  He's done with his teething.  So I dropped the kids off at daycare and then drove to the Coldstream area of Lake Linganore.  I parked by the pool, where there is a large parking lot that I'm told allows non-residents to park without getting ticketed.  I then walked down the hills to the lake, passing the many homes that are clustered along the roads.

I decided not to walk with my camera around my neck, for fear that someone would call Linganore's overzealous security about a strange woman walking the streets.  I call them overzealous because last fall I stopped my car on one of the roads to take some fall leaf pictures.  I was standing outside my car, pointing my camera at the leaves, when security stopped me, asked me for my resident permit, and because I had none, told me I could not stop along the roads and that I would have to leave the neighborhood.  How in the heck do house hunters manage to get a look around in that development?  Ah well....

The sun was fierce on the lake this morning, but I did get one shot of some beached canoes.  The leaves are just beginning to turn around the lake's edges.  I also got a shot of a home that has a great lake view, and some backlit leaves.  One tree had gigantic leaves, at least 14" long and 12" wide.  If anyone knows what they are, please clue me in.




I trudged back up the steep hills, hoping that my car would not have a parking ticket, and this time, I lucked out.  When the fall leaves are at their peak, I'll snag my daughter's resident pass and take a walk along the streets, with my camera in plain sight!



Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:

  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment