Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 37 - Lake Linganore, Pinehurst Section

Before I begin today's entry, I just thought it interesting to note that the blog post that has had the most views  to date is the one about my walk at the mall.  I'm still scratching my head over that one...


Lest you think that I am just a retired person with nothing to do but pick out great places to go for a walk, let me disabuse you of that notion right away.  Although I may not be getting a paycheck anymore, I am working a ton.  I volunteer at the Delaplaine Visual Arts Center; I help my daughter and her family (today I did three loads of laundry for her); I make custom cards with my photography; I lead a group in my community in making cards for deployed soldiers via Operation Write Home.  I also put my photos on ceramic tiles using a dye sublimation process; the tiles are sold at The Muse in Frederick and at Bungalow Love in Berlin, MD.

Today I have been hard at work making 360 photo cards, 12 matted prints, and 36 ceramic coaster tiles for the Catoctin Furnace Village Historical Society.  They have a booth at Colorfest this weekend in Thurmont; an article in today's paper said they are expected 25,000 people to attend the festival.

Tree Gall
So, were it not for the commitment I made to this daily walk, I would not have gotten out of the house today.    The printer is churning out cards as I write this entry.  Later I will cut them, score them, fold them, and sort them into clear boxes.  Before I began this walk challenge, I would have stayed inside all day, working on this job.  So I decided to kill two birds with one stone by making a trip to my daughter's house to deliver the laundry and then do a walk in one of the hillier parts of her neighborhood, Lake Linagnore.
Orange Fungus
with some background help

When I walk in neighborhoods, I have started feeling that it might be an invasion of privacy to include a photo of someone's home, unbeknownst to them.  So today I focused on trees and rocks.

The roads are all torn up in the development.  They were in bad shape before the "improvement" began, and it feels like it is taking forever.  One might think they'd do a section at a time, but it seems everything is in a state of disrepair.  I know the residents will be happy when the construction is done and they have nice, smooth roads.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment