Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 42 - Harley Road, near Middletown



Another beautiful fall day is in the books.  To take advantage of it, I decided to make one trip suffice for two.  So I took a ride out into western Frederick County to Middletown to check out a studio tour that I read about in the newspaper.  Featured artists were Linda Harrison-Parsons, Marilu Tousignaut, Homer Yost, and Tracy Tousignaut-Reed.

Harley Road
I am also coordinating a photo contest for the Rural Roads Program of Frederick County, and Country Pleasures Farm, where the studio tour was located, is on one of the gravel roads that is eligible for the contest.  After looking at the art in the beautiful barn that was built for such events, I walked the grounds of the farm and then took off down Harley Road.  My second purpose today was to promote the contest via my camera club's Facebook page.

The rules of the photo contest require that a portion of the gravel road upon which the photo was taken appears within the photo.  I included the gravel road in some of today's photos.

The "Fine Arts in the Valley" studio tour continues next weekend.  It can be found on Facebook, as well.

Woolly bear






It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful the area is in which I live.  I may travel to and admire other places, but Frederick County is now home, and I know I will never tire of it.













Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for making Harley Road & Fine Arts in the Valley part of your Daily Photo Walk - Blog. Wonderful photos, love the light & shadows on the road. I wrote about the woolly bear in my blog too.

    ReplyDelete