Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 30 - New Market in the Rain


It is raining steadily out there.  No wind, no thunder or lightning, just a steady rain.  I realized there was no point in putting it off, so I drove to New Market to do my walk in the rain.

Before I left, I inspected the old box of rain suits that were my late husband's.  Two of the rain pants looked like rubber overalls, and they were made for someone 7 feet tall, which is not anywhere near how tall my husband was.  He liked to pile on layers of warm pants underneath for his fall night time fishing, so he always bought the biggest ones he could find.  I chose one reasonable looking pair to wear over my pants, and they covered the tops of my rain boots nicely.  Unfortunately, after about 20 minutes into my walk, I knew my pants underneath were wet.  I will be ordering a pair of rain pants to match my rain jacket, which DID keep me dry.

New Market was quiet today.  I only saw one person outside.  He was bound and determined to do his raking today, even in the rain.


I even tried out one little video, and I am happy with the way it turned out.


I also discovered today that my cell phone touch screen does not work when it is wet.  The text message I received had to be answered later, when I got in the car to come home.

The weather man says we will probably have rain all day today, so I'm glad I got the walk done this morning.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:

  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment