Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 52 - Baker Park in Frederick


In this photo you can see the Baker
Park Carillon and five of the town's
fabled "Clustered Spires."
What a beautiful day for a walk in the park!  I chose Baker Park in downtown Frederick for my walk today.

Baker Park has open field areas, a band shell, a carillon, a pool, tennis courts, a ball field, and a public swimming pool.  It runs along Carroll Creek, and along each edge of the park it is bordered by neighborhoods.

I love finding crunchy leaves to
stomp on while on my walks.
I went downtown first to work for a while at the Delaplaine Visual Arts Center and to drop off two of my photos that were accepted into a national juried competition.  I walked along Carroll Creek to the park, and once I was in the park, I was accompanied on my walk by mothers pushing strollers, dogs being walked by their owners, and couples holding hands as they strolled under beautiful trees.


This ginko tree looked like a watercolor.
I walked several blocks of the park, then rounded Culler Lake and came back to downtown via 2nd Street. Along 2nd Street I found a fabulous ginko tree just beginning to turn yellow and a realistic skeleton lying in a yard.

Along Market Street I stopped into Creative Stitchins to pick up a sweatshirt I had ordered with "Cam's Camera Shots" embroidered on the front for me to wear on the upcoming cold days, and I stopped into The Muse, where the owner Whitney told me she needed 36 more of my "Clustered Spires" coaster tiles.

Altogether, I walked an hour and 15 minutes.  The time just flew by with my camera.  I love my photo walks!


Leaves floating in Carroll Creek.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment