Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 43 - An Unexpected Change of Plans

How much is that kitty in the window?
On my way to volunteer at the Delaplaine Visual Arts Center this morning, I stopped by the bank to make a deposit.  I flipped open the glove box in the car to get a deposit slip, but I was unable to get the compartment closed again.

There has been animal fur showing up regularly in the glove box for months now, but there had been nothing for a few weeks, so I thought it was done.  Apparently not.
A very popular local business

I stopped off at my auto repair place several blocks from the Delaplaine and asked them if they could fix the glove box today, without an appointment.  Thank you, Kreitz Auto.  You came through for me again.
View of Carroll Creek

Luckily, I was already prepared for today's photo walk, since my plan was to do it after my volunteering, so instead I walked to the arts center, did my hours, and then took the long way back to Kreitz.  There are a number of alleys that run parallel between East and Market Streets, so I wandered up and down blocks and used the alleys to connect between streets.

When I arrived at Kreitz, the technician told me that the air filter cover's clips were actually broken, and it was dislodged from its normal place.  When I opened the glove box, it slipped down behind.  They had to clean out the cowl and replace the air filter, which was chock full of hair.  Yuck!

This business owner understands marketing.




There must have been 100 feet of
hedge lining the sidewalk, and this
one yellow sprig stood out from
among all the pink, purple, and red.
I call it "The Holdouts."






 







Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment