Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 59 - Halloween

Jack - o - lantern
I really wish I had better photos and a better walk to share with you today.  It has been a long day, and today brought home to me the difficulties that parents with young children would have in trying to accomplish a daily photo walk themselves.  I will have to explore some ways that busy parents could still pull off a daily photo walk if they were determined to do so.

I took care of my sick 16 month old granddaughter all day today.  She has a fever, no appetite, and the infection babies often get called thrush.  She is downright miserable.  The peditrician's office was closed from Saturday through Tuesday, so today was the first day we could get her an appointment to be seen.  We also had to get a chest xray to rule out pneumonia and then make a trip to the pharmacy. The weather was chilly and raw, with occasional spitting rain.

Ready for trick-or-treaters
The one time I did attempt to take her on a photo walk with me, she cried the entire time.  She just was not her usual happy self at all today.

So, as soon as her parents got home at 6 p.m., I walked around the neighborhood for a few shots before leaving to go to the Comus Market to photograph their fantastic display of lit pumpkins.  I discovered on my evening photo walk that my Nikon P7100 does not take good low light photos unless it is on a tripod.  Of course, that is pretty much to be expected with any camera, and I am not about to haul around a tripod on my daily photo walks.  I will just try to do them in daylight.

I have shared a couple of the photos from the Comus Market shoot here, too.  They are not part of the photo walk photos, but I wanted you to enjoy them anyway.

I'll be back with my granddaughter for the next two days, so hopefully she will feel better for a photo walk with me.

Photos from the Comus Market, not part of the Photo Walk:

Comus 1
Comus 2


Comus 3

Comus 4
Happy Halloween!


Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Include the day of the walk and a description of the photo, along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.

Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment