Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 35 - At the Mall

I wrote early on in this Daily Photo Walk blog that meeting this challenge would mean using good time management and planning skills.  That was very true today.

I am babysitting my 16 month old granddaughter and my four year old grandson, by myself.  Right now, they are taking their afternoon naps, and I am typing this blog entry on my laptop using Notepad.  Their house has no Internet access, so after the nap is over, I will bundle them into the car and take them to my house, where I will connect and upload, hopefully before the 16 month old can empty all my kitchen cabinets.

This morning, after beginning our day at 6:15, we played in the house until 11:00.  The forecast for today was for rain and temps in the lower 50's.  So, I planned last night to put the kids in the double stroller and to do my walk in the mall.  It turns out that the rain has held off, but the temps are chilly, and I knew that the mall would give them plenty to look at, so that's what we did.

We did two complete rounds of the interior of the mall, all to the accompanying noises that a four year old boy makes when pretending to use lightsabers on everything he saw in the store windows.  My granddaughter did not make a peep.  She was probably getting whiplash from how fast Grandma was pushing the stroller.

At the end of our rounds, I let them play on the "soft" playground for "children up to three years old," which was dominated today by 6 and 7 year olds. 

One of the "seasonal" window displays.

I toted them to Panera bread for a takeout lunch, and after a thorough handwashing, we all tucked into our meals at home.

I'm looking forward to their parents' return tonight, sleeping in my own bed, and going to a place I have been looking forward to for my walk.  You'll find out what that place is tomorrow!


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:

  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment